Papers

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Sat Apr 19 03:07:58 EDT 2014

Dear Jesper:

I found your recent paper in Scientometrics at
http://link.springer.com.proxy.uba.uva.nl:2048/article/10.1007/s11192-014-12
51-5 . Thank you for noting this; I’ll read.

My contribution was not meant anti-intellectually, but I just wished to
express that I like it when problems can be made empirically and critique
leads to alternative operationalization. As noted, I therefore added in
response to your comments the effect sizes to
http://www.leydesdorff.net/leiden11/leiden11.xls so that colleagues could
see the counting rules (in addition to testing the differences in rankings
for statistical significance; the confidence intervals can be found at the
webpage of CWTS at http://www.leidenranking.com/ranking.aspx ).

I agree that the specification of uncertainty is very central to the
measurement.

Best,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor Emeritus, University of Amsterdam

 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Honorary Professor, SPRU,  <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/> University of
Sussex;