OA

Pikas, Christina K. Christina.Pikas at JHUAPL.EDU
Wed Oct 23 14:40:02 EDT 2013

I don't believe this particular discussion needs to be held on SIGMETRICS. In fact, this exact discussion was just held on LIBLICENSE - in excruciating detail.  It's the thread(s) "provocative exchange" in September and October 2013 (start here: http://listserv.crl.edu/wa.exe?A1=ind1309&L=LIBLICENSE-L#2 )

Christina

From: ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics [mailto:SIGMETRICS at listserv.utk.edu] On Behalf Of David Wojick
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:27 PM
To: SIGMETRICS at listserv.utk.edu
Subject: Re: [SIGMETRICS] OA

Thanks for the plug Stevan. While we are at it I have been meaning to ask you a question. As I understand it your position is that all published articles should be immediately available for free. My question is why then anyone would subscribe to a journal? I am sure you have an answer but I have no idea what it is, as your proposal seems to defy the basic laws of economics. Immediate deposit seems to be self defeating. What have I missed?

David