Defining embargo periods by discipline?

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Sat Mar 2 07:03:00 EST 2013

Dear David,

> Regulatory mechanisms need to be simple, which often makes them crude.

Does this provide us with an argument to proceed sloppily? You first used arguments like time-pressure, not-being an economist, and now crudeness.

It seems to me that our (perhaps academic) objective is to correct for error, not to contribute to it.

Best,

Loet

PS. “Marginal return” comes from the idea that one creeps to equilibrium on a market. Each additional apple offered will lower the price (given demand) until one meets the “real” price. The last apple is then the marginal one. (I am also not an economist.) Best, Loet