Defining embargo periods by discipline?

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Fri Mar 1 14:18:49 EST 2013

Dear David,

1. for the disciplinary delineation, I would first look at the NSF-list with
13 broad fields (as used for the S&E Indicators). The advantage is that the
list is seriously updated each two years by our colleague Ken Hamilton and
that there is investment in its quality. There are many other
classifications.

2. Can you provide an example of "a proper embargo period"?

Best,

Professor, University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communications Research (ASCoR),
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-842239111
loet at leydesdorff.net ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/ ;
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en