Paper on scientometrics

Bornmann, Lutz lutz.bornmann at GV.MPG.DE
Sun Jul 28 01:04:40 EDT 2013

Thanks for the link to the tree model. Interesting! But I am searching for large-scale empirical studies.

This is an interesting question: in which time period is the productivity (in terms of publication numbers) higher: in normal science or during revolutions? If one looks back on the scientific progress in a discipline, the progress is normally described alongside big discoveries (revolutions). Periods of normal science are not so interesting here, although most of the papers in the discipline might have been published in these periods.

Lutz

Von meinem iPad gesendet