OA 2013: Tilting at the Tipping Point

David Wojick dwojick at CRAIGELLACHIE.US
Sat Jul 20 15:56:15 EDT 2013

The US Government is developing a green OA system for all articles based
even in part on Federal funding, with a default embargo period of 12
months. The publishers have responded with a proposal called CHORUS that
meets that requirement by taking users to the publisher's website. Many of
the journals involved presently have no OA aspect so this will
significantly increase the percentage of OA articles when it is implemented
over the next few years.

See for example some of my articles on this project:
<http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2013/07/18/meet-pages-does-prototype-public-access-system/>http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2013/07/18/meet-pages-does-prototype-public-access-system/

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2013/06/17/chorus-confusions/

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2013/02/25/confusions-in-the-ostp-oa-policy-memo-three-monsters-and-a-gorilla/

The US action is probably a tipping point.

David