An introduction to the coverage of the Data Citation Index (Thomson Reuters): disciplines, document types and repositories

Alberto Martín Martín albertomartin at UGR.ES
Tue Jul 2 04:36:54 EDT 2013

/In the past years, the movement of data sharing has been enjoying great
popularity. Within this context, Thomson Reuters launched at the end of
2012 a new product inside the Web of Knowledge family: the Data Citation
Index. The aim of this tool is to enable discovery and access, from a
single place, to data from a variety of data repositories from different
subject areas and from around the world. At the same time, records in
the DCI are linked to the publications they inform, thus providing
citation information for the data sets, and opening the way to data
citation analysis.

The EC3 Research Group (University of Granada) is launching a new line
of research to study the DCI. In this Working Paper we will present some
preliminary results where we address the following issues//: discipline
coverage, data types present in the database, and repositories that were
included at the time of the study/.

*Torres-Salinas, D.; Martín-Martín, A.; Fuente-Gutierrez, E. (2013).
<http://arxiv.org/pdf/1306.6584v1>. EC3 Working Papers, N 11, June 2013.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.6584

--
Alberto Martín Martín