advice requested

David Levi-Faur davidlevifaur at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 6 05:07:01 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,
I am looking for advice and model/ example to follow in analyzing the
emerging body of knowledge in a new field and a journal I am editing
(Regulation
& Governance<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1748-5991>).
My aim is to capture and rank the most influential papers that were cited
by the journal's authors.
To do so I'll need to prepare a list of  all papers published in the
journal and thereafter to follow the sources that they cite.  Does this
seem reasonable way to go ?  if so how would you technically collect and
connect the data collected ? And are you aware of similar analysis ?

Thank you so much i advice

David