The Wisdom of Citing Scientists

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Sun Aug 11 11:05:38 EDT 2013

Dear David,

This is precisely the approach about "reasons" which one can attribute to
citations in the first article in Scientometrics 1989. For example, a
citation can function as a warrant or a legitimation.

Best,
Loet

--
Professor, University of Amsterdam