The Wisdom of Citing Scientists

Ronald ROUSSEAU ronald.rousseau at KHBO.BE
Sun Aug 11 09:47:22 EDT 2013

The role played by citations in reasoning is simple: it is a short-hand. Instead of repeating the reasoning of a fellow scientist (and here it is claimed that this reasoning is correct; otherwise a simple citation is not enough) one just refers the reader to the original source (to verify for him/her self).

Friendly greetings,

Ronald

Ronald Rousseau •

President ISSI

Guest professor University of Antwerp (UA) - IBW

Guest professor KU Leuven  (bijzonder gasthoogleraar)
Senior Researcher VIVES

In scientific affairs one can never be too generous

        talent at work

Katholieke Hogeschool Brugge - Oostende

Faculty of Engineering Technology

Zeedijk 101, 8400  Oostende, Belgium