Ranking Web (Webometrics) of Universities

Charles H. Davis davisc at INDIANA.EDU
Sat Sep 8 15:52:31 EDT 2012

Dear all,

While you chaps argue over the cabalistic esoterica of statistics, you
may be ignoring something of more fundamental importance.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/337/6098/1019.full

As a chemist, I have long argued against including people such as x-ray
crystallogaphers as co-authors.  They're important, but so are all
high-class technicians.  Whether they contribute to the intellectual
content of an article is debatable.

Charles H. Davis, Ph.D.