First CALL FOR DOCTORAL FORUM APPLICATIONS AT ISSI 2013

Christian Schlögl christian.schloegl at UNI-GRAZ.AT
Tue Nov 27 08:17:00 EST 2012

Dear colleagues,

Since at least a few of you might not have received the attachment of my
email, I embed it into this email. Please appologize any inconvenience
caused.

With kind regards,
Christian Schloegl

--------------------------------- Attachment

CALL FOR DOCTORAL FORUM APPLICATIONS AT ISSI 2013

ISSI 2013 – 14th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics
July 16th, 2013, Vienna, Austria
www.issi2013.org

***Deadline for Doctoral Forum applications: February 4, 2013***

The biannual ISSI conference is the premier international venue for
research within the areas of informetrics,
scientometrics and bibliometrics. For more information on the scope of
the conference and the areas of interest please visit the conference web
site.

For the fifth time a Doctoral Forum is offered at the ISSI conference.
The primary objective of the Doctoral
Forum is to provide doctoral students with a forum to present and
discuss their research projects with senior
researchers and fellow students and to develop their relationships with
other scientists. The Doctoral Forum is a one-day event that will take
place prior to the main conference on 16 July 2013.

Due to the time consuming form of the Doctoral Forum, the number of
participants is restricted. The doctoral
forum is only open to the invited senior researchers and the accepted
students. There is no separate fee for
attending the doctoral forum, but participation requires the students to
register for the conference.

Doctoral forum committee (senior researchers): to be announced later.

Doctoral Forum organizers:
Christian Schlögl (Institute of Information Science and Information
Systems, University of Graz, Austria)
Ivana Roche (Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, CNRS,
France).

Time & location: 9:00 – 16:00, University of Vienna, room: Hörsaal A,
Vienna, Austria.

Doctoral forum applicants:
Applicants should be doctoral students, from any country, conducting
ongoing PhD research on any of ISSI 2013 conference themes and related
fields (see:http://www.issi2013.org/about.html). To apply to the Forum,
please submit an application of up to 1500 words containing:
• Description of doctoral research project - including research
questions, theoretical background, planned
methodology, current status and
• Motivation for student participation at the Doctoral Forum and the
issues you wish to receive feedback on
from the senior researchers.
The first page of the application must contain the name, affiliation and
full address of the doctoral student
including phone and fax numbers and email address, as well as the name
of the supervisor(s).
Applications should be submitted in RTF or PDF format to Christian
Schlögl at: christian.schloegl at uni-graz.at.

Important dates:
Submission deadline is February 4, 2013 and notification of acceptance
April 4, 2013.

Further information:
Please visit the conference website for additional information on the
Doctoral Forum.

Partners of the Doctoral Forum:
- ASIST SIG/MET
- European Student Chapter of ASIS&T
- Center for Doctoral Studies, University of Vienna