“Sci2 Tool: A Tool for Science of Science Research and Practice" v1.0 Release

Katy Borner katy at INDIANA.EDU
Thu Jun 21 03:49:14 EDT 2012

Dear all,
it is our pleasure to inform you that the *Science of Science tool
(Sci2) v1.0* is now available. Sci2 is an open source modular tool set
specifically designed for the study of science. It supports the
temporal, geospatial, topical, and network analysis and visualization of
scholarly data sets at the micro (individual), meso (local), and macro
(global) levels.

This major release, built with CIShell v2.0
<https://github.com/CIShell/CIShell/wiki/CIShell%20v2.0%20alpha%20Release> (http://cishell.org), comes
with new analyses and visualizations such as geospatial maps, science
maps, bi-modal network layout; Google Scholar Citation Reader; R
statistical tool bridging; Gephi visualization tool bridging; and
comprehensive online documentation. Please see

*Release
details:*http://wiki.cns.iu.edu/display/SCI2TUTORIAL/4.4+Sci2+Release+Notes+v1.0+alpha

*Try Sci2 v1.0 now:***

  * Download Sci2 v1.0: http://sci2.cns.iu.edu
  * Online tutorial: http://sci2.wiki.cns.iu.edu

*Need advice in analysis or visualization design?***

  * Ask an expert: https://sci2.cns.iu.edu/user/ask.php

*We also invite you to join our development efforts as a user or a
developer:***

  * Report bug: https://sci2.cns.iu.edu/user/link.php?to=report-bug
    <mailto:cns-sci2-help-l at iulist.indiana.edu>
  * Tell us your needs: email cns-sci2-help-l at iulist.indiana.edu
    <mailto:cns-sci2-help-l at iulist.indiana.edu>
  * Contribute as a developer:https://sci2.cns.iu.edu/user/developer.php

Thank you and enjoy this new version of Sci2.

Sunny regards,
Chin Hua Kong , Katy Borner, and the CNS team

--
Katy Borner
Victor H. Yngve Professor of Information Science

School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University
Wells Library 021, 1320 E. Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Phone: (812) 855-3256  Fax: -6166