Ranking Web (Webometrics) of Universities

Isidro F. Aguillo isidro.aguillo at CCHS.CSIC.ES
Fri Aug 31 11:39:47 EDT 2012

Dear Loet:

Not sure. My first candidate is the number of webeditors and the
university policies about contributors. 1000s scholars building rich
personal pages are far more effective than a well paid webmaster.

Also, do not forget that web publications is only 50% of the total. The
other 50% is impact or link visibility, ie the number of inlinks you
received that in the case of top universities means thousands of people
linking ("citing" a webpage) to the university webdomain.

Best,

--

Isidro F. Aguillo, HonDr.
The Cybermetrics Lab, CSIC