Beliakov, G; James, S. 2011. Citation-based journal ranks: The use of fuzzy measures. FUZZY SETS AND SYSTEMS 167 (1): 101-119

Sat May 7 13:32:42 EDT 2011

Beliakov, G; James, S. 2011. Citation-based journal ranks: The use of fuzzy
measures. FUZZY SETS AND SYSTEMS 167 (1): 101-119, Sp. Iss. SI.presented
at AGOP 2009 Conference in Palma, SPAIN, JUN 06-10, 2009.

Author Full Name(s): Beliakov, Gleb; James, Simon
Language: English
Document Type: Proceedings Paper

Author Keywords: Aggregation operators; Citation analysis; Choquet integral;
Ordinal classification
KeyWords Plus: AGGREGATION OPERATORS; CLASSIFICATION; CONSTRUCTION;
MONOTONICITY; INDEX

Abstract: This article considers a real-world application of the Choquet
integral-based classifier to the problem of ranking of scientific journals. We
attempted to predict rankings given by panels of experts, by using available
citation indices. We compare the Choquet integral fit by the least absolute
deviation criterion as a classifier against other ordinal classification methods,
before interpreting the fuzzy measure weights and indices. Our findings show
that the journal rankings data set is difficult to model accurately due to
inconsistencies and lack of monotonicity, but that the Choquet integral still
performs well as a classifier. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

Addresses: [Beliakov, Gleb; James, Simon] Deakin Univ, Sch Informat Technol,
Burwood 3125, Australia
Reprint Address: Beliakov, G, Deakin Univ, Sch Informat Technol, 221 Burwood
Hwy, Burwood 3125, Australia.

E-mail Address: gleb at deakin.edu.au; sjames at deakin.edu.au
ISSN: 0165-0114
DOI: 10.1016/j.fss.2010.08.011