Severe Inconsistencies Web of Science V4 / V5

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Wed Jul 20 13:41:56 EDT 2011

Dear Hermann,

The database is always dynamic. Journals are added and sometimes backtracked
from the perspective of hindsight. I would not expect V4 and V5 to be very
similar. For example, my own publication record went up with 10 new
publications. J

Best wishes,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor, University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communications Research (ASCoR),
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-842239111
 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/