Publications and citations by country (time series)

Francis Narin narinf at COX.NET
Tue Jan 25 14:02:37 EST 2011

Kim,

    Thanks for copying me.  Anything new there, with the change ?

        Fran
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kim Hamilton
  To: SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:15 AM
  Subject: Re: [SIGMETRICS] Publications and citations by country (time series)

  You can get publication counts by individual country, region, year (1995-2007), and field on the NSF website from their biennial Science & Engineering Indicators 2010 (http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind10/appendix.htm#c5) (see appendix table 5-25). Unfortunately there is no citation data published there for sub-saharan Africa and we are not at liberty to share such data due to license restrictions. This data is compiled by us for NSF and is based on Thomson's SCI database (not SCI-E).

  Kim Hamilton

  The Patent Board
  Decision Tools, Metrics, and Analysis for Innovation.

  KHamilton at PatentBoard.com
  (Direct) 856.671.6824
  (Mobile) 609.923.7309
  (Fax) 856.671.6801
  www.PatentBoard.com

  This message and any attachments contain confidential or privileged information and are only for the use of the intended recipient of this message. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email, and delete or destroy this and all copies of this message and all attachments. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, distribution, or reproduction of this message or any attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful. (c) 2010 The Patent Board. All rights reserved.