Ellis, PD; Zhan, G. 2011. How international are the international business journals?. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS REVIEW 20 (1): 100-112

Mon Apr 18 15:26:09 EDT 2011

Ellis, PD; Zhan, G. 2011. How international are the international business
journals?. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS REVIEW 20 (1): 100-112.

Author Full Name(s): Ellis, Paul D.; Zhan, Ge
Language: English
Document Type: Article

Author Keywords: Authorship; Internationalisation of research diversity;
Research diversity
KeyWords Plus: MANAGEMENT RESEARCH; RANKINGS; AMJ

Abstract: In their assessment of research published in three international
business journals, Thomas, Shenkar, and Clarke (1994) described a body of
work characterized by low levels of internationalization We extend their
research by reviewing 1439 articles published from 2000 to 2008 in four core
international business journals Although we find that the shadow of US
dominance continues to lie over the field, we also find evidence of increasing
research and authorship diversity Although the representation of nations is
uneven and cultural diversity levels remain low, we conclude that international
business research has entered a new era of research internationalism. (C) 2010
Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Addresses: [Ellis, Paul D.; Zhan, Ge] Hong Kong Polytech Univ, Dept
Management & Mkt, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Peoples R China

Reprint Address: Ellis, PD, Hong Kong Polytech Univ, Dept Management & Mkt,
Kowloon, Hong Kong, Peoples R China.
E-mail Address: mspaul at inet.polyu.edu.hk; 06900258r at polyu.edu.hk
ISSN: 0969-5931
DOI: 10.1016/j.ibusrev.2010.07.004