FW: Global Psychology: A bibliometric Analysis of Web of Science Publications]]]

Eugene Garfield eugene.garfield at THOMSONREUTERS.COM
Sun May 9 16:47:45 EDT 2010

e-mail: gbuela at ugr.es
 Global Psychology: A bibliometric
Analysis of Web of Science Publications*
La psicología internacional: un análisis bibliométrico
de las publicaciones en la Web of Science
Recibido: agosto 20 de 2009 Revisado: octubre 14 de 2009 Aceptado: noviembre 1 de 2009
José Navarrete-Cortes **
Universidad de Jaén, España
Juan Antonio Fernández-López ***
Sistema de Información Científica
de Andalucía, Sevilla, España
Alfonso López-Baena ****
Agencia Andaluza de Evaluación, Córdoba, España
Raúl Quevedo-Blasco *****
Gualberto Buela-Casal
Universidad de Granada, España
A b s t r a c t
In this study, we carried a classification by country based on the analysis
of the scientific production of psychology journals. We analyzed a total of
108,741 documents, published in the Web of Science. The indicators used
were the Weighted Impact Factor, the Relative Impact Factor, the Citation
Rate per article and the articles published in the top five journals of the Journal
Citation Report (JCR). The results indicate that Spain has the highest
percentage of articles in the top five journals in the JCR and Colombia is the
second Latin American, Spanish-speaking country that has more citations
per article. Countries like Hungary, Italy and USA, had a higher Impact
Factor and Citation Rate.
Key words authors
Descriptive study through document analysis. Scientific productivity. Bibliometric
indicators. Country ranking.

Global Psychology: A bibliometric Analysis of Web of Science Publications

Gualberto Buela-Casal
Facultad de Psicologia
Universidad de Granada
18011 Granada, España