Agarwal, P; Searls, DB. 2009. Can literature analysis identify innovation drivers in drug discovery?. NATURE REVIEWS DRUG DISCOVERY 8 (11): 865-878

K S Chudamani ksc at LIBRARY.IISC.ERNET.IN
Fri Feb 26 00:40:42 EST 2010

The same has been observed long back by Chudamani and Asundi. It has been
reported in a paper submitted OCLC- DRTC workshop on electronic resource
management. In the paper we have said that there will be core and non core
areas of thrust. The title of the paper is " Use of a
Knowledge Base of Subject Relationship for Enhancing Retrieval Performance
in the Digital Environment". It is available in the DRTC LDL digital
Library

Chudamani

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Eugene Garfield wrote:

> Agarwal, P; Searls, DB. 2009. Can literature analysis identify innovation drivers
> in drug discovery?. NATURE REVIEWS DRUG DISCOVERY 8 (11): 865-878.
>
> Author Full Name(s): Agarwal, Pankaj; Searls, David B.
>
> Language: English
> Document Type: Article
>
> Abstract: Drug discovery must be guided not only by medical need and
> commercial potential, but also by the areas in which new science is creating
> therapeutic opportunities, such as target identification and the understanding
> of disease mechanisms. To systematically identify such areas of high scientific
> activity, we use bibliometrics and related data-mining methods to analyse over
> half a terabyte of data, including PubMed abstracts, literature citation data and
> patent filings. These analyses reveal trends in scientific activity related to
> disease studied at varying levels, down to individual genes and pathways, and
> provide methods to monitor areas in which scientific advances are likely to
> create new therapeutic opportunities.
>
> Addresses: [Agarwal, Pankaj; Searls, David B.] GlaxoSmithKline Inc, Computat
> Biol Dept, King Of Prussia, PA 19406 USA
> Reprint Address: Agarwal, P, GlaxoSmithKline Inc, Computat Biol Dept, 709
> Swedeland Rd,POB 1539, King Of Prussia, PA 19406 USA.
>
> E-mail Address: Pankaj.Agarwal at gsk.com
> ISSN: 1474-1776
> DOI: 10.1038/nrd2973

believed to be clean.