Need some help on my PhD project

Hanning Guo polarisning at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 4 15:55:34 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,
I am working on my PhD Project which is about Trend identification of
emerging scientific fields using mixed indicators.

One of the indicators I want to look at is the journal age. I'm wondering
anyone here have some information or the look up table which is about the
established year and end year (just for some journals) of all journals in
Web of Science?

I also want to compare the results of emerging fields with other dying
fields. I have collected some data about dying fields but the size of them
are very small which are not ideal for the analysis. I am also wondering if
anyone has done or is doing some analysis with dying field. Do you have any
recommendation for the data?

Thanks a lot.

PS. If anyone also works on the similar project as mine, please feel free to
email me. I am very glad to discuss with you.

Hanning