silent changes in WoS

Vladimir Pislyakov pislyakov at HSE.RU
Thu Feb 5 11:14:23 EST 2009

I guess, that is another kind of question. The explanation of this effect
exists, it is here

http://images.isiknowledge.com/WOK45/help/WOS/hcr_times_cited.html

Kind regards,
Vladimir

Vladimir Pislyakov
Assistant Director for Electronic Resources Management
Higher School of Economics Library
20 Myasnitskaya street
Moscow, 101000
Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 6213785
Fax: +7 (495) 6287931
E-mail: pislyakov at hse.ru

>http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/sigmetrics.html
>
>Ok - I'm confused.
>
>I look at a paper in WoS and it's got, say, 100 citations.  When I list the
citing papers, only like 80 are in the list.  It turns out that the other 20
citations came from proceedings papers, I guess, and my institution does not
subscribe to this proceedings citation thingy.  So these are mystery
citations.... Actually, if I understood this a little better, I'd probably
say what the impact is:  none or huge?