Past performance, peer review, and project selection: A case study in the social and behavioral sciences: PDF version

Ronald Rousseau ronald.rousseau at KHBO.BE
Mon Apr 6 08:29:49 EDT 2009

I do not agree with David. Past performance (but certainly not
restricted to grant applications) is proof of what one is able to do.

A research proposal - taken on its own - only shows if one has the
skills to make credible promises.

Leaving young scientists aside  (their case is about giving chances to
prove what they are capable of) I'd always go for proven merit (in
recent years).

Ronald Rousseau

--
Ronald Rousseau
President of the ISSI
E-mail: ronald.rousseau at khbo.be
web page:  http://users.telenet.be/ronald.rousseau

In scientific affairs one can never be too generous.