Herr, BW; Duhon, RJ; Borner, K; Hardy, EF; Penumarthy, S 113 years of Physical Review: Using flow maps to show temporal and topical citation patterns PROCEEDINGS OF THE 12TH INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION VISUALISATION: 421-426 2008

David E. Wojick dwojick at HUGHES.NET
Mon Nov 3 13:16:37 EST 2008

This appears to be a case where the results depend on how the topics are defined, which may be a problem. There are lots of ways to divide any area of science into topics.

David Wojick
Senior Consultant for Innovation
Office of Scientific and Technical Information
US Department of Energy
http://www.osti.gov/innovation/