Salman, MD; et al Citations of plenary-session articles published in the Proceedings of the International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics PREVENTIVE VETERINARY MEDICINE, 80 (1): 82-86 JUN 15 2007

Wed May 7 15:28:57 EDT 2008

E-mail Address: m.d.salman at colostate.edu

Author(s): Salman, MD (Salman, M. D.); Dewell, R (Dewell, Renee);
Willeberg, P (Willeberg, Preben); GrandMaison, N (GrandMaison, Nadine);
Schoenbaum, M (Schoenbaum, Melissa); Moothart, T (Moothart, Tom)

Title: Citations of plenary-session articles published in the Proceedings
of the International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics

Source: PREVENTIVE VETERINARY MEDICINE, 80 (1): 82-86 JUN 15 2007

Language: English

Document Type: Article

Author Keywords: veterinary epidemiology; citation analysis; ISVEE
proceedings

Abstract: We measured the potential impact of articles representing the
International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics (ISVEE)
plenary-session presentations in subsequent published literature. Between
July 1, 2004 and November 9, 2004, we searched the Web of Science (R) for
citations in the scientific literature to all 99 plenary-session articles
published in the proceedings of the previous nine ISVEEs (or in journal
special issues dedicated to the ISVEE plenary articles). We used a 4-year
window around the publication of each of the ISVEE proceedings. We located
187 citations for 37 (of the 99) articles. We infer that the ISVEE
proceedings represent an important resource for veterinary epidemiology.
(c) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

Addresses: Colorado State Univ, Coll Vet Med & Biomed Sci, Anim Populat
Hlth Inst, Ft Collins, CO 80523 USA; Colorado State Univ, Morgan Lib 153,
Ft Collins, CO 80523 USA; Danish Vet & Food Adm, DK-2860 Soborg, Denmark

Reprint Address: Salman, MD, Colorado State Univ, Coll Vet Med & Biomed
Sci, Anim Populat Hlth Inst, 1681 Campus Delivery, Ft Collins, CO 80523
USA.

E-mail Address: m.d.salman at colostate.edu

Cited Reference Count: 7

Times Cited: 0

Publisher: ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV

Publisher Address: PO BOX 211, 1000 AE AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS

ISSN: 0167-5877

29-char Source Abbrev.: PREV VET MED

ISO Source Abbrev.: Prev. Vet. Med.

Source Item Page Count: 5

Subject Category: Veterinary Sciences

ISI Document Delivery No.: 164LX

KOCHEN M
HOW WELL DO WE ACKNOWLEDGE INTELLECTUAL DEBTS
JOURNAL OF DOCUMENTATION 43 : 54 1987

LAZAREV VS
J INTERLIBRARY LOAN 11 : 103 2001

MARTENS B
CONFERENCES AND COURSES ON BIOTECHNOLOGY - DESCRIBING SCIENTIFIC
COMMUNICATION BY EXPLORATORY METHODS
SCIENTOMETRICS 27 : 237 1993

MERTON RK
CITATION INDEXING IT : R6 1983