Cammarano, RR; Della Seta, M A review of new web tools for citation analysis and their impact on research

Thu Jan 31 09:22:20 EST 2008

Email address: rosaria.cammarano at iss.it

Author(s): Cammarano, RR (Cammarano, Rosaria Rosanna); Della Seta, M
(Della Seta, Maurella)

Title: A review of new web tools for citation analysis and their impact on
research

Editor(s): TorresSalinas, D; Moed, HF

Source: PROCEEDINGS OF ISSI 2007: 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SCIENTOMETRICS AND INFORMETRICS, VOLS I AND II
836-837, 2007

Language: English

Document Type: Article

Conference Title: 11th International Conference of the International-
Society-for-Scientrometrics-and-Informetrics

Conference Date: JUN 25-27, 2007

Conference Location: Madrid, SPAIN

Conference Sponsors: Int Soc Scientrometr & Informetr, CSIC, Minist Educ &
Ciencia, FECYT, Comunidad Madrid, Eugene Garfield Fdn, Thomson Sci,
Elsevier, Journal Informetr, Scopus, Ayuntamiento Madrid, Sci Metrix, Univ
Carlos III Madrid

KeyWords Plus: GOOGLE-SCHOLAR; OF-SCIENCE; SEARCH

Addresses: Ist Super Sanita, SIDBAE Documentat Serv, Rome, I-00161 Italy.

Publisher Name: INT SOC SCIENTOMETRICS & INFORMETRICS-ISSI
Publisher Address: KATHOLIEKE UNIV LEUVEN, FACULTEIT E T E W, DEKENSTRAAT
2, LEUVEN, B-3000, BELGIUM

Cited Reference Count: 19

BAKKALBASI N
BIOMEDICAL DIGITAL L 3 : 1 2006

 BAUER JL
An examination of citation counts in a new scholarly communication
environment
J ALTERN COMPLEM MED 11 : 1 2005

 BURNHAM JF
BIOMEDICAL DIGITAL L 3 : 1 2006

 BUTLER D
NATURE 25 : 432 2004

 CONNOR E
J ELECT RESOURCES ME 2 : 35 2005

 FELTER LM
SEARCHER 13 : 43 2005

 FRIEND FJ
J ELECT PUBLISHING 9 : 2006

 GARFIELD E
Citation Analysis as a Tool in Journal Evaluation
SCIENCE 178 : 471 1972

 GIUSTINI D
How Google is changing medicine
BRIT MED J 331 : 1487 2005

 HENDERSON J
Google Scholar: A source for clinicians
CAN MED ASSOC J 172 : 1549 2005

 JACSO P
As we may search. Comparison of major features of the Web of Science,
Scopus, and Google Scholar citation-based and citation enhanced databases.
CURR SCI INDIA 89 : 1537 2005

 NORUZI A
Google Scholar: The New Generation of Citation Indexes
LIBRI 55 : 170 2005

 PAYNE D
MICROSOFT LAUNCHES G : 2006

 ROTH DL
The emergence of competitors to the Science Citation Index and the Web of
Science
CURR SCI INDIA 89 : 1531 2005

 SETA MD
10 C EUR ASS HLTH IN : 2006