Blustin, A (Blustin, Alexander) Publication and citation statistics for UK astronomers ASTRONOMY & GEOPHYSICS, 48 (6): 32-35 DEC 2007

Mon Jan 28 16:07:55 EST 2008

Email address: ajb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk

Author(s): Blustin, A (Blustin, Alexander)

Title: Publication and citation statistics for UK astronomers

Source: ASTRONOMY & GEOPHYSICS, 48 (6): 32-35 DEC 2007

Language: English
Document Type: Article

Abstract: This article presents a survey of publication and citation
statistics for 835 UK professional astronomers: the majority of academics
and contract researchers within the UK astronomical community. I provide
histograms of these bibliometrics for the whole sample as well as of the
median values for the individual departments. I discuss the distribution
of top bibliometric performers in the sample, and make some remarks on the
use of bibliometrics in a real-world assessment exercise.

Cited Reference Count: 0
Times Cited: 0

Publisher: BLACKWELL PUBLISHING

Publisher Address: 9600 GARSINGTON RD, OXFORD OX4 2ZG, OXON, ENGLAND

ISSN: 1366-8781