JCR Total Cites Flaw Example

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Sat Feb 23 03:45:44 EST 2008

Dear Stephen,

I now realized that the total cites on the WoS are dependent on which year
one has as a starting year. This is not the case for the JCR data. OK: let's
wait for the reactions of the colleagues from Thomson/ISI.

Best wishes,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff
Amsterdam School of Communications Research (ASCoR),
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681
 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/

  _____