Chiang, MF; Peng, WC; Lo, CH Discovering popular co-cited communities in blogspaces 2008 IEEE 24TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING WORKSHOP, VOLS 1 AND 2 439-444, 2008

Tue Aug 19 11:35:51 EDT 2008

Email Address: g9309 at cs.nccu.edu.tw

Author(s): Chiang, MF (Chiang, Meng-Fen); Peng, WC (Peng, Wen-Chih); Lo,
CH (Lo, Chia-Hao)

Title: Discovering popular co-cited communities in blogspaces

Source: 2008 IEEE 24TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA ENGINEERING
WORKSHOP, VOLS 1 AND 2 439-444, 2008

Language: English

Document Type: Article

Conference Title: 24th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering

Conference Date: APR 07-12, 2008

Conference Location: Cancun, MEXICO

Conference Sponsors: IEEE, invent, Microsoft, ORACLE, IBM, SAP, Google,
YAHOO

Abstract: In a blogspace, citation behaviors reflect interests of
bloggers. To fully get insight into the latent information in a blogspace,
in this paper, we intend to mine popular co-cited communities consisting
of core sets and follower sets. In such a cocited community, bloggers in
the core set are frequently cited by bloggers in the follower set and the
co-citation behaviors among bloggers are very intensive. Through co-
citations, not only the popular core-set nodes but also the followers can
be discovered. As such, one could effectively obtain the trends of
discussion among bloggers. Explicitly, two kinds of co-cited communities
are exploited: perfect co-cited community and approximate co-cited
community. Given a blogspace, we first transform this blogspace into a
transaction database. Then, by exploring frequent closed itemsets, we are
able to discover perfect co-cited communities. Then, a greedy algorithm is
proposed to derive approximate co-cited communities. To evaluate our
community structures mined, we conduct extensive experiments on
del.icio.us dataset. The experimental results demonstrate the
effectiveness of our proposed framework.

Addresses: Natl Chiao Tung Univ, Dept Comp Sci, Hsinchu, 300 Taiwan.

Reprint Address: Chiang, MF, Natl Chiao Tung Univ, Dept Comp Sci, 1001 Ta
Hsueh Rd, Hsinchu, 300 Taiwan.

Cited Reference Count: 9

Publisher Name: IEEE

Publisher Address: 345 E 47TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10017 USA

ISBN: 978-1-4244-2161-9

Source Item Page Count: 6

ISI Document Delivery No.: BIA57

CHI Y