Van, TT (Van, Thanh-Trung); Beigbeder, M (Beigbeder, Michel) Citation-based methods for personalizedWEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - WISE 2007 WORKSHOPS 362-373, 2007

Fri Aug 1 14:26:52 EDT 2008

Email Address: van at emse.fr

Author(s): Van, TT (Van, Thanh-Trung); Beigbeder, M (Beigbeder, Michel)

Title: Citation-based methods for personalized search in digital libraries

Editor(s): Weske, M; Hacid, MS; Godart, C

Source: WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - WISE 2007 WORKSHOPS 362-373,
2007

Book Series: LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, 4832

Language: English

Document Type: Article

Conference Title: International Workshop on Web Information Systems
Engineering (WISE 2007)

Conference Date: DEC 03, 2007

Conference Location: Nancy, FRANCE

Conference Sponsors: Nancy Univ, INRIA, Loria, Lorraine Reg, I 3, Grand
Nancy, emisa org

KeyWords Plus: COCITATION; SCIENCE

Abstract: In this paper we present our work about personalized search in
digital libraries. Unlike other researches which use content-based
methods, we focus on citation-based methods for this purpose. We propose a
practical approach to estimate the co-citation relatedness between
scientific papers using the Google search engine. We conducted some
experiments to evaluate performance of different citation-based methods.
The experimental results show that our approach is promising and
applicable for personalized search in digital libraries.

Addresses: Ecole Natl Super Mines, Ctr G2I, Dept RIM, St Etienne, F-42023
France.

Reprint Address: Van, TT, Ecole Natl Super Mines, Ctr G2I, Dept RIM, 158
Cours Fauriel, St Etienne, F-42023 France.

Cited Reference Count: 24

Publisher Name: SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN

Publisher Address: HEIDELBERGER PLATZ 3, D-14197 BERLIN, GERMANY

ISSN: 0302-9743

ISBN: 978-3-540-77009-1

29-char Source Abbrev.: LECT NOTE COMPUT SCI

Source Item Page Count: 12

Subject Category: Computer Science, Theory & Methods

ISI Document Delivery No.: BGZ12

CHEN LR
AG 98 C P ACM : 132 1998

COUTO T
JCDL 2006 : 2006

DEAN J
P 8 INT WORLD WID WE : 1467 1999

EFRON M
CIKM 2004 P 13 ACM I : 390 2004

GARFIELD E
STAT ASS METHODS MEC : 1965

HUANG S
WI 2004 P WEB INT IE : 117 2004

JACSO P
Title Not Available
CURR SCI INDIA 89 : 1537 2005

KELLY D
SIGIR FORUM 37 : 18 2003

KESSLER MM
Title Not Available
AM DOC 14 : 10 1963

KOUSHA K
Motivations for URL citations to open access library and information
science articles
SCIENTOMETRICS 68 : 501 2006

LAI KK
Title Not Available