Jin's AR-index

Quentin L. Burrell quentinburrell at MANX.NET
Sat Mar 17 11:30:48 EDT 2007

One of the main attractions of the original h-index is its simplicity. Although it does have some merit, Jin's AR index loses this aspect.

That the age of citations is important, was realised by Hirsch and for this reason I have proposed the rather simpler idea of considering an author's h-rate. This paper
"Hirsch index or Hirsch rate? Some thoughts arising from Liang's data." is to appear in Scientometrics. Interested colleagues can request a preprint by emailing me at q.burrell at ibs.ac.im

Another paper relating to Jin's original idea of the h-core average is "On the h-index, the size of the Hirsch core and Jin's A- index" to appear in  Journal of Informetrics, and currently available online. Again, I can supply a preprint version.

Best wishes

Quentin

Dr Quentin L Burrell
Isle of Man International Business School
The Nunnery
Old Castletown Road
Douglas
Isle of Man IM9 4EX