preprint version "Globalisation in science in 2005"

David E. Wojick dwojick at HUGHES.NET
Mon Mar 5 14:32:12 EST 2007

Dear Loet,

I am afraid I understand very little of what you have written. Not enough to grasp the answers to my two questions. You (seem to) say that transmission (via transactions) supplies variation to the network but I would think it was the primary process that constitutes the network. You say that the structure of the network is selective and I do not understand what that means. Do you mean that the structure takes the form it does because the people are selective in whom they communicate with? In that case I agree but, again, it makes transactions the basic unit.

Retention I do not understand, nor much of the rest. Meaning, degree of freedom, stabilization, etc. I use all these words but not in your way apparently. You are using a technical language that I do not speak. Is this the language of network science?  Is there something I can read to learn it?

All my best,

David