seeking guidance

Karen Robinson krobin at JHMI.EDU
Thu Jun 28 14:49:38 EDT 2007

I am writing in the hopes that I am being silly in not seeing a solution
and/or the hope that one of you will have already identified a solution.

In brief:

I have a set of citations downloaded from ISI based on a specific
search.I have been trying different tasks with the programmes created by
Dr. Leydesdorff (thank you for making these available!). What I'd like
to do is determine the citation patterns of the cited references of the
original search set.

specifically, given search set A, do cited refs of A cite each other?

I am wondering in what way I could automate, if possible, the search for
and downloading of cited refs of the cited refs. Another complicating
factor is that the cited refs do not have unique ID numbers and may be
duplicated with my search set.

Hints or suggestions for other people/sources to check with are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Karen
--
Karen A. Robinson

Internal Medicine and Health Sciences Informatics, Medicine
Johns Hopkins University

1830 East Monument Street, Room 8069
Baltimore, MD 21287
410-502-9216 (voice)