Accuracy of Thomson data - decentralising data collection and enhancing the scope of scientometrics?

Thomas Krichel krichel at OPENLIB.ORG
Wed Dec 19 03:21:28 EST 2007

  Armbruster, Chris writes

> One would possibly expect that a decentralised solution would
> provide more comprehensive (types of publication, languages etc.)
> and more accurate coverage, but one might also worry that the corpus
> will be less well defined.... Hence, what would you think if
> repositories developed a system of author registration (unique
> identifier, institutional affiliation) and provided data?

  Repositories can't do that. You need a very large
  cross-repository to do it. RePEc, under my iniative, haze
  done author and instititution registration. I am working
  on a cross-discipliary system. I should have an early
  version of the institutional data out early in January.

  Help welcome!

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel