The Metaphor Unchained by Roald Hoffmann, American Scientist Sep/Oct 2006

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Thu Aug 17 15:26:17 EDT 2006

Frequency

Percent

Valid Percent

Cumulative Percent

Valid

English

998635

98.7

98.7

98.7

  German

4941

.5

.5

99.2

  French

2368

.2

.2

99.5

  Chinese

2074

.2

.2

99.7

  Spanish

1156

.1

.1

99.8

  Japanese

926

.1

.1

99.9

  Russian

861

.1

.1

100.0

  Czech

165

.0

.0

100.0

  Multi-Lang

83

.0

.0

100.0

  Finnish

62

.0

.0

100.0

  Portuguese

24

.0

.0

100.0

  Romanian

18

.0

.0

100.0

  Latvian

14

.0

.0

100.0

  Welsh

12

.0

.0

100.0

  Italian

10

.0

.0

100.0

  Slovak

6

.0

.0

100.0

  Afrikaans

3

.0

.0

100.0

The language distribution of 1,011,363 in the SCI 2005: English is now
98.7%. Dutch

2

.0

.0

100.0

  Serbian

1

.0

.0

100.0

  Danish

1

.0

.0

100.0

  Gaelic

1

.0

.0

100.0

  Total

1011363

100.0

100.0

  _____

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681
 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/

 <http://www.leydesdorff.net/knbecon> The Knowledge-Based Economy: Modeled,
Measured, Simulated
 <http://www.universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1581126956>
The Self-Organization of the Knowledge-Based Society;
<http://www.universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1581126816>
The Challenge of Scientometrics