Newbie/outsider question on software available to assist visualization of co-citation?

Chaomei Chen Chaomei.Chen at CIS.DREXEL.EDU
Tue Nov 8 15:23:08 EST 2005

Hi Christina,

CiteSpace gives you co-citation, co-term, co-author, etc. meaning both X
and Y are cited by some Z,
both X and Y appear as authors of an article, both terms appear in the same
abstract, ...
These concepts are different from X cites Y. Gene Garfield's HistCite gives
you directed citing graphs, which
sound what you want.
You should be able to download 100 records less than a couple of minutes.

Best wishes,
Chaomei Chen
Drexel University