Bibliometric analsysis of the development of a given subject area?

Katy Borner katy at INDIANA.EDU
Thu Jun 2 07:06:07 EDT 2005

Bernie,
We recently did a bibliometric analysis of the Information Visualization
domain based on ACM data (covers one out of the three main InfoVis
Conferences, no books, no journals). This domain is about 20 years old
and the results at http://iv.slis.indiana.edu/ref/iv04contest/
report the birth and evolution of this domain.
A more recent version of the animated visualization of the evolving
co-author network is attached.
Enjoy,

--
Katy Borner, Assistant Professor
Information Science & Cognitive Science
Main Library 019                E-mail: katy at indiana.edu
Bloomington, IN 47405, USA      WWW:    ella.slis.indiana.edu/~katy

Check out the new InfoVis Lab Gallery at
http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~katy/gallery/