question about author groups

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Thu Aug 12 13:38:28 EDT 2004

SCI 2002
Number
UI
UG
IG
UIG
Univers
Industry
Govt

All
683222
17095
116782
4626
5664
556370
41840
234843

USA
238676
7274
40650
1777
2732
206813
18193
68835

EU
250395
4586
54617
1400
2187
204531
11011
99830

UK
66544
1569
14263
360
763
53972
3617
26673

Germany
59630
1181
14986
405
703
50319
2925
24364

France
39973
431
12214
422
585
26663
1826
25721

Scand
30437
592
8757
170
411
26283
1431
13064

Italy
29795
374
7609
79
321
26680
956
10863

Netherlands
17865
328
4663
78
307
15927
859
6762

S. Korea
14931
533
3115
118
183
13163
996
4904

Japan
68338
4303
13297
1113
1481
57345
9892
22776

PR China
28913
381
6408
111
173
24328
728
11103

Taiwan
9572
183
2772
15
59
8608
295
3757

Singapore
3411
110
622
16
53
2978
202
1085

Russia
20723
81
6637
134
157
11486
443
15960

India
12570
109
2180
92
67
7140
459
7486

Brazil
10888
189
2054
45
81
9584
386
3368

Dear Steven,

This is an update 2002 of the figures for 2000 provided in my paper "The
Mutual Information of University-Industry-Government Relations: An Indicator
of the Triple Helix Dynamics," Scientometrics 58(2), 2003, 445-467. See that
paper for similar figures for 2000 and for the methodology. The data is
statistical (i.e., with errors).

With kind regards,

Loet

  _____

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681
 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/

 <http://www.upublish.com/books/leydesdorff-sci.htm> The Challenge of
Scientometrics ;  <http://www.upublish.com/books/leydesdorff.htm> The
Self-Organization of the Knowledge-Based Society