time distribution citations

Quentin L. Burrell quentinburrell at MANX.NET
Sat Apr 10 03:23:11 EDT 2004

Manuel

The following papers of mine may be of interest:-

     Stochastic modelling of the first-citation distribution.
Scientometrics, 52 (2001), 3-12.

   On the nth-citation distribution and obsolescence. Scientometrics, 53
(2002), 309-323.

They include references to other approaches by such as Egghe, Glanzel and
Rousseau that you should see. Glanzel's data are of particular interest.

Predictive aspects of the model are developed in:-

     Will this paper ever be cited? Journal of the American Society for
Information Science and Technology, 53 (2002), 232-235.

     Predicting future citation behaviour. Journal of the American Society
for Information Science and Technology, 54 (2003), 372-378.

I hope this is of help. If you would like preprint versions of any of these,
please let me know.

Best wishes

Quentin Burrell

Dr Quentin L Burrell
Isle of Man International Business School
The Nunnery
Old Castletown Road
Douglas

Isle of Man IM2 1QB