Are there citation analyses that distinguish different types of citation?

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Tue Sep 30 14:06:26 EDT 2003

Dear William,

I did once an extensive citation content analysis of biochemistry papers
with Olga Amsterdamska. We developed a scheme that you may find useful:

Olga Amsterdamska & Loet Leydesdorff, Citations: Indicators of
Significance, Scientometrics 15(5/6), 1989, 449-471.

The follow-up paper with the results of sending a questionnaire to the
citing authors can be found from my webpage at
http://www.leydesdorff.net/sthv90 :
Loet Leydesdorff and Olga Amsterdamska,
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/sthv90> Dimensions of Citation Analysis,
Science, Technology and Human Values 15 (1990) 305-335.

I hope that this is somewhat useful for your purpose.
With kind regards,

Loet