Montini T, Mangurian C, Bero LA "Assessing the evidence submitted in the development of a workplace smoking regulation: The case of Maryland" PUBLIC HEALTH REPORTS 117 (3): 291-298 MAY-JUN 2002

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Thu Jan 9 03:26:08 EST 2003

> The assessment of "quality" is always difficult. Is it
> accepted or has it been demonstrated that these particular
> quantitative aspects of articles can indeed be interpreted in
> terms of their quality?
>
> Quentin Burrell

Dear Quentin and colleagues,

Olga Amsterdamska and I unpacked the notion of measuring "quality" by
citation in an extensive study entitled "Dimensions of Citation
Analysis," (Science, Technology and Human Values 15, 1990, 305-335). I
brought a preprint version (without the pictures) on-line at
http://www.leydesdorff.net/sthv90 for your convenience.

With kind regards,