Use of Immediacy Index in studies

Garfield, Eugene Garfield at CODEX.CIS.UPENN.EDU
Tue Feb 18 17:55:03 EST 2003

Here are three references I found on a simple title word search of
"immediacy and journal*" in the WEBOFSCIENCE

If you expand the search to include abstracts there are another 18 articles
that may be relevant.

Magri M, Solari A
The SCI Journal Citation Reports: A potential tool for studying journals?
.1. Description of the JCR journal population based on the number of
citations received, number of source items, impact factor, immediacy index
and cited . . .
SCIENTOMETRICS 35 (1): 93-117 JAN 1996

 VLACHY J
PHYSICS JOURNALS TYPOLOGY, GROUP RANKINGS BY CITATION AND IMMEDIACY
CZECH J PHYS 35 (5): 589-592 1985

 VLACHY J
PHYSICS JOURNALS TYPOLOGY, CITATION IMPACT AND IMMEDIACY
CZECH J PHYS 35 (4): 473-476 1985

When responding, please attach my original message
Eugene Garfield, PhD. email:  garfield at codex.cis.upenn.edu
home page: www.eugenegarfield.org
Tel: 215-243-2205 Fax 215-387-1266
President, The Scientist LLC. www.the-scientist.com
3535 Market St., Phila. PA 19104-3389
Chairman Emeritus, ISI www.isinet.com
3501 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3302
Past President, American Society for Information Science and Technology
(ASIS&T) www.asis.org