Cybermetrics: Call for papers

Isidro F. Aguillo isidro at CINDOC.CSIC.ES
Mon Aug 11 07:45:19 EDT 2003

Cybermetrics is not dead

Since 1997, Cybermetrics the electronic journal devoted to
informetrics/scientometrics/cybermetrics/webometrics is the main
scientometrics-related website. We think it is playing an important role
as reliable provider of information, news, bibliography, software and
even data for our community.

Unfortunately the number of quality manuscripts we received were not
very high and the papers finally accepted for publication are becoming
scarce. But did you know that Rousseau article (Cybermetrics, 1997,
"sitations") is cited at least 43 times in the Web of Science alone,
being his most-cited paper!.

It is becoming evident that web visibility is much higher than printed
visibility (at least for most journals).

We are planning to update both the design and contents of the e-journal
but we badly needed additional contributions from the
scientometrics/informetrics community so we invite all of you to submit
your manuscripts for editorial reviewing.

Thanks in advance

--
^
Isidro F. Aguillo