Hemmingsson A, Edgren J, Mygind T, Skjennald A "Use of Impact Factors" (Letter)LANCET 359 (9301): 173-173 JAN 12 2002

Thu May 2 13:26:10 EDT 2002

When refereeing papers I often provide references to my papers and those of
others.  I even reprint if convenient or give URLs if they  are available.
If the article is relevant to the topic at hand, then what is the problem?

I presume that authors of this letter are suggesting that the journal in
question is sending irrelevant references to the referees who, in turn, may
or may not decide they could be relevant.

Eugene Garfield

Author's E-mail:    Anders Hemmingsson : Anders.Hemmingsson at radiol.uu.se

Full Text Available At:
http://www.thelancet.com/search/search.isa

TITLE Use of impact factors
AUTHOR Hemmingsson A, Edgren J, Mygind T, Skjennald A
JOURNAL LANCET 359 (9301): 173-173 JAN 12 2002

 Document type: Letter    Language: English    Cited References: 0
 Times Cited: 0

Addresses:
Hemmingsson A, Acta Radiol, Uppsala Sci Pk Glunten, S-75183 Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Radiol, S-75183 Uppsala, Sweden

Publisher:
LANCET LTD, LONDON

IDS Number: