Autism Causes Bibliometric Research

Ronald Rousseau ronald.rousseau at KH.KHBO.BE
Wed May 1 09:17:59 EDT 2002

The authors of the article mentioned by Sally Jo Cunningham have (among other
things) serious difficulties in fitting Lotka's 'law' to the author list they
provide.

Using my program, publicly available in the e-journal Cybermetrics gives that,
for their data, the number of authors with y publications is (statistically)
equal to 628.9 / y^(2.665), which seems to give an excellent fit to the data.

Ronald Rousseau

> I just spotted an article entitled "Autism Causes Bibliometric
> Research", at
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/3959/3.htm
>

> Fortunately for all of us, it appears that a more accurate title
> would be, "Bibliometric research on the literature of the causes of
> autism".
>
> Cheers,
> Sally Jo Cunningham
> University of Waikato
> Private Bag 3105
> Hamilton, New Zealand

Ronald Rousseau
dr. mathematics, dr. information science
KHBO - Industrial Sciences and Technology
Zeedijk 101    B-8400  Oostende   Belgium
Honorary Professor Henan Normal University (Xinxiang, China)
E-mail: ronald.rousseau at kh.khbo.be
web page:  users.pandora.be/ronald.rousseau