ABS: Ingwersen, The publication-citation matrics and its derived quantities

Gretchen Whitney gwhitney at UTK.EDU
Mon Jun 25 17:28:51 EDT 2001

Ronald Rousseau <ronald.rousseau at kh.khbo.be>

The publication-citation matrix and its derived quantities
Ingwersen-P; Larsen-B; Rousseau-R; Russell-J
Rousseau, R; KHBO; Dept Ind Sci & Technol; Zeedijk; B-8400 Oostende; Belgium
KHBO, Dept Ind Sci & Technol, B-8400 Oostende, Belgium; Univ Instelling
Antwerp, IBW, B-2610 Wilrijk, Belgium; Royal Sch Lib & Informat Sci, Dept
Informat Studies, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark; Royal Sch Lib & Informat Sci,
Ctr Informetr Studies, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark; Univ Nacl Autonoma Mexico,
Ctr Univ Invest Bibliotecol, Mexico City 04510, DF, Mexico
Rousseau, R: ronald.rousseau at khbo.be
CHINESE-SCIENCE-BULLETIN. MAR 2001; 46 (6) : 524-528
Editorial-Material
2001
1001-6538
English
We give an overview of the main data of a publication-citation matrix. We show
how impact factors are defined, and, in particular, point out the difference
between the synchronous and the diachronous impact factor. The advantages and
disadvantages of using both as tools in research evaluation are discussed.
Yes
MULTIDISCIPLINARY-
research-evaluation; publication-citation-matrix; diachronous-impact-factor;
synchronous-impact-factor
SCIENCE-; IMPACT-
Physical-Chemical-and-Earth-Sciences
19