Shaojun Lu Service

Gretchen Whitney gwhitney at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Sun Mar 5 11:14:12 EST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Jian  Qin
To: Marcia J. Bates; hope at icarus.lis.pitt.edu; JESSE at listserv.utk.edu;
ASIS-L at asis.lib.indiana.edu
Sent: 3/2/00 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: ASIS-L: Shaojun Lu

The funeral service for Shaojun Lu is to be held on Saturday, March 4,
2:00 p.m. at Dowdel Funeral Home, 174 East Fourth Street, Oswego, NY. If
you wish to send flowers, please send them directly to the Funeral Home.
The phone number there is (315)343-9010 or (315)242-0887. For questions
please reply to <jqin at syr.edu>.

Jian Qin
Syracuse University

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Marcia J. Bates wrote:

> Dear Jesse and ASIS colleagues,
>       I am sorry to have to tell you that Shaojun Lu died yesterday in
> his home in Oswego, New York.  Many of you knew him as a doctoral
student
> here at UCLA, then as a Visiting Professor at University of Iowa, and
now
> recently as an Assistant Professor at SUNY Oswego.   Shaojun's illness
was
> diagnosed only recently, and he declined quickly.  He was 37.
>       He had a distinguished and productive career in the School of
> Library and Information Science at Wuhan University in China, where he
> published over forty journal articles and two monographs.   He came to
the
> United States to work on a doctorate, which he earned recently from
UCLA.