Zipf

Rousseau Ronald ronald.rousseau at KH.KHBO.BE
Tue Jun 22 08:57:35 EDT 1999

Dear Colleagues,

Last December I presented a talk on Zipf's life and ideas during the
Beijing International Seminar of Quantitative Evaluation of R&D. If I
understood correctly, a Chinese translation will be published in the
conference proceedings. So for all of you who are impatient and/or can't
read Chinese just send me an e-mail with your postal address and you will
receive a copy of the talk.

Zipf died in 1950, so next year it will be exactly 50 years since he died.
Does anyone know of a conference or symposium devoted to Zipf on this
occasion? Zipf is not only important for our field, but also for
linguistics. Moreover I noticed that lately physicists use 'Zipf plots'
more and more. So an interdisciplinary symposium would be most wellcome.

Sincerely yours,

Ronald Rousseau

Ronald Rousseau
dr mathematics, dr information science
Associate Professor
KHBO, Dep. Industrial Sciences and Technology
Zeedijk 101,  B-8400  Oostende Belgium
e-mail: ronald.rousseau at kh.khbo.be
  home:   ronald.rousseau at ping.be