[Sigmet-officers] FYI information from today's webinar

Smalheiser, Neil R neils at uic.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:19:54 EDT 2018

There was a webinar for ASIS&T leadership today. One interesting factoid is that the SIG annual budgets are now due in June, since ASIST has a new fiscal year cycle which starts July 1.

Our current plans are pretty well set (holding the workshop, giving awards, offering reduced membership fees for students), but we could also propose things such as buying promotional materials (mug, t-shirt?), or hosting a social event or dinner after the workshop. Just food for thought for anyone who has ideas....

Neil