[Sigmet-officers] Fwd: RE: SIGMETRICS mailing list

Jonathan Levitt jonathan at levitt.net
Sat Dec 3 01:51:08 EST 2011

Dear all,
Stasa wrote “Does
anyone know whether any arrangements were made with Gretchen in the end.”  I paste below the email of January 4 (and the
related threads) in which Gretchen wrote to me and Dock “I will be happy to
continue the listserv SIGMETRICS here at UTK.”

Gretchen wrote “I'll
kill SIGMET at the end of this calendar year.”  This is a very dangerous threat that the SIG and informetrric
professionals must take very seriously.  I
urge the SIG to take immediate action.

My suggestions are that
within the next few days a SIG officer: (a) thanks Gretchen for her and the UTK
past contribution and asks for her for immediate assurances that the SIGMETRICS
list will be maintained until we have found an alternative moderator and server
and (b) posts a message to the SIGMETRICS list asking for a new moderator and
home for the server.
Best,
Jonathan.